Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Few Things About Me.

So I thought it might be a good idea to talk a little bit about who I am (in terms of my personal style).
I would call myself a tomboy, per se, but I definitely….Ok, I’m kind of a tomboy. But I’m trying to change! I guess what I’m really trying to say if that I don’t really like those inherently girlie things, like tons of ruffles and flowers and pink and butterflies, that sort of stuff. You’ll see.
I am by no means the most stylish person in the world. thats kind of the whole point of this. I’m really just trying to figure it all out as I go. Again, you’ll see.
I have a problem with Aritzia. That is, no matter how hard I try not to, I can’t help shopping there. I spend A LOT of money in that store. I’d love to be able to buy similar things from other stores for less money, but again, I have no time to find that sort of thing. I have often caught myself in outfits of entirely aritzia purchases, I hate it, but I can’t help it.
Ok, I said I was a tomboy, but here is the thing. I am obsessed with my hair, and have lately become very obsessed with make-up lately, too. I am blondorexic, and all I really want in life is to have long blonde hair. This is a problem, because I decided this while I had short red hair. This is VERY difficult transition, I have learned, and I am not a very patient person. It’s shoulder length and not as blonde as I would like right now, in case you were wondering. Also, with really bad dark roots. rally bad. its embarrassing, really.
My grandmother had an obsession with shoes. My mother has an obsession with shoes. I have an obsession with shoes. This is not uncommon for women, I know, but I feel I need to get this out in the open. shoeaholics anonymous style. You will see that pretty much the only thing I have that is “Vintage” Is a pair of black leather Amalfi boots from my dad’s mom. They are probably 15-20 years old (we think) but its hard to say. Anyway, my mom took them when my oma died, but we recently realized they are a bit small for her, so she gave them to me. I love them, and I’m sure they will pop up in many of my pictures on here, especially as the winter rolls around.
I struggle to find decent shopping in Calgary. Vancouver has main st. and west 4th and robson(ugh) and all sorts of other lovely little secrets. The market for clothing stores is competitive. Calgary has NONE of this. there is like half a block of decent, kind of different clothing stores, and then the big malls. Thats it. If anyone reads this and knows of something I’m not seeing in Calgary, please tell me! I need help.
As a result of the above ^^, I am become less fashion-conscious. I hate this. hatehatehate. I really need help to stay in touch.
alright, this post is getting WAY too long! I’ll quit now, before this gets ridiculous.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment