Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Inaugural Blog Post

HI!
SO. My blog. I’m hoping it will be more about fashion and less about my life, but I imagine the two will end up blending together a bit. ANYWAY, who I am, and what my blog is.
I’m a Vancouverite, born and raised. I think I will always have Vancouver in my heart. That being said, I live in Calgary now. For some reason when I graduated from high school I thought I needed to leave Vancouver to gain some perspective, and what I’ve gained is this: I love Vancouver, and I never shoudl have left. Anyway, right now I go to the University of Calgary.
My blog. I love fashion blogs. LOVE THEM. But I am the kind of person who gets jealous really easily, and all the blogs I tend to read are about girls who have tons of money to spend on their clothes, or at the very least seem to be taking all the glamourous trips all over the place to shop. And the ones that do seem to be more average also have all these great vintage things. So here are my problems:
1) I have no money to buy chanel or fly to new York/Paris/Hong Kong.
2) I go to school all day and I work all night. WHEN am I supposed to find the time to shop find cute little hole-in-the-wall consignment stores and shop for incredible vintage finds?
3) I’m pretty out-of-the-loop. I try really hard to stay up-to-date with fashion trends, but when you have no money and no time, this becomes a struggle.
Ok. so thats why I’ve started this blog. I feel like it fills a bit of a niche for those of us with no time and no money. And I’m hoping to get advice that I can pass on to others through this, as well as to be able to pass on little bits and pieces of my own!
I’ll also start posting pictures of my favourite outfits, talking about my favourite products, and maybe even a few pictures of random outfits I see, sartorialist-style, haha. <— (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you NEED to find out. this is AMAZING. It will fill a hole in your fashion-loving heart, I promise … www.thesartorialist.com )
Ok. Thats my blog! here’s hoping it works out!
Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment