Sunday, July 25, 2010

Talking more.

After reading other people's conversations, and thinking about my brother a bit more, I thought of something I wanted to share. My brother has an incredible sense of humour. He can be a little too sarcastic at times, and he often borders on rude or offensive, but it has never ceased to amaze me how funny he can be, even from an early age.

When I first started highschool, and E was 8, I came home one day to tell my mom something I had learned that day about a friend, while E was in the room.

K: Mom, did you know that Jane* has a short-term memory problem?
E: I'm surprised she remembered to tell you.

pretty good for 8, right?

Another anecdote I wanted to share with you all is not really mine to tell, but I do anyways. My mom's best friend L is the happiest, funniest, bubbliest person I know. Her first 2 children were models of perfection. However her third child, A, was the opposite of the first two. She was dark and serious and had no sense of humour. The following took place as L and her daughter A were driving up to their house when A was about 2.

L: Wow, this is a nice house! I wonder whose it is? They must be very lucky!
(you know the typical sort of game you would play with a 2 year old)
A: This is our house, you idiop.

I don't know why we all think this is so funny, but this story seems to get told time and time again. I should probably also mention that the same child also once yelled across the school playground at another little boy "You need a prostitute!"  as her mother looked on in horror. Although we later discovered this to be a quote from a movie (although which film it is has slipped my mind).

I love children, they say such funny things sometimes.

*name was changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment