Monday, July 26, 2010

work clothes and void-filling.

Dear god what is wrong with me? Today I got up, got dressed, stopped for coffee, drove to school, paid 5 dollars for parking, and walked to my class before realizing that my class was in fact cancelled. seriously, I'm a tool. So I worked in the library for a bit. After that, I filled the time I normally would have used calling home (because clearly this is scheduled into my daily plan) to shop. see, I have realized now that I need to call everyday so that I don't do this. So my intention was to get some tops for work and some moisturizer. So I went into Jacob, and tried on just about everything in the store, and it all looked horrible. I don't know what was wrong with me today. So anyway I got all upset and discouraged so I went to Aritzia and bought a hoodie to get my fix. Seriously? I am so retarded. In all fairness, though, it was only $20 and is the most gorgeous shade of coral I have ever seen. So its not so bad, really. But I also got a boyfriend v-neck in a similar colour. ahhh what is wrong with me? BUT it was only $15, so again, not so bad.and I did get proper moisturizer, so hopefully that will help with the giant zit that is my face right now. The sunburn on my nose/cheeks/forehead made my skin all dry, and then it broke out, and now it is all dry and it is zitty and really just a mess.

So I did something really silly today. I went shopping in a dress. I hate it when I do this! its so hard to try clothes on like that! so I  ended up asking the SA at aritzia to bring me a pair of jeans (specifically the acne darkwash highwaisted skinnies) so that I'd have something to try my stuff on with. this was a mistake, because there is no way that I can afford these jeans ($265) but every way that I can justify why I should have them (please go try them on. they are incredible.)
I'm pretty sure these are them. I love them, they felt like magic, and they are SO LONG which I love because then you can have a really long cuff ( I know this is weird, but I like it.)

But on the plus side, everywhere I went, people were commenting on what I was wearing. I took a picture of it before I left the house this morning, but its in my too small mirror with my cell-phone, so I will retake it later. but for the record I was wearing...
1) community dress- I don't know what its called but i'll describe it. Its cotton viscose lycra blend and its the palest blue-grey. It has a cute little skirt that starts at the natural waist and falls mid thigh, and the top has spaghetti straps (ew, I hate that term) and this sort of faux-boning structure to the body. it is AMAZING.
2) sperry topsiders - I bought them for $10 at the shoe company last summer. love them.
3) 1 inch caramel leather belt - this came out of my mom's closet abot 15 years ago, and is guess, i think. I wore it at the natural waist of the dress.
4) blue jacob cardigan - I would have rathered a jean jacket with this outfit, but I keep putting off buying one because I think I don't need it/can't find just the right one.

anyway, 2 SAs at aritzia and the girl at Sephora commented on it! particularly the dress, but really that dress is fantastic, so I'm not surprised. it is the perfect summer dress, because it is comfy and cool but still cute.

OK, onto the moisturizer. I bought:

Biotherm's aquasource biosensitive. I have super sensitive skin which gets all bumpy and gross and dry and just yucky really easily, so the girl recommended this. I'm gonna try it out and see how it goes. If I don't like it she told me to just return it, which I love! To  be honest, I'm not huge on using moisturizer (so bad I know) and but my makeup hasn't been right lately because of my lack of moisturizer, and the one I was using is way too heavy for me, so I'll give this a shot, and I'll do a review of it once I've been using it for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment