Saturday, July 24, 2010

who doesn't love dogs?

Ok. I used to not love dogs. I was mostly just afraid of them because I didn't really understand them. Then when I was 18 my brother and I FINALLY persuaded my mom (my dad clearly had no say in the matter) to get one, and thats how we ended up with our lovely little westie, sophie (she is on the left). Then this summer, my brother made the decision to leave home for university, and thus he was replaced (HAHA) by this cute little rescue pup named mac. he used to be named milky (seriously?) but we changed it because...well because his name was milky. Sophie will be 5 in October, and we think Mac is 7, but we aren't entirely sure.
The dogs are sitting in my brothers go-kart. I know, don't ask,
The thing about westies is that if you have one, or have ever had one, you become obsessed. they are the COOLEST dogs. they are all cute and cuddly and fluffy like a little lap dog but they have this awesome personality thats like a big dog. they even have hilarious facial expressions! (the westie head tilt!) So the wife of the guy that does professional photography for my brother's racing loves westies so she "borrowed" (more like hijacked, from the sounds of it) her husbands camera for an hour a couple of weekends ago to take some pictures of the dogs. He objected, so the dogs were put into the cart so that she could claim it was "legit" (my mom bought a print, so clearly it was haha) anyway, this is the first decent picture I've seen of the two of them. We were really worried that sophie couldn't handle another dog in the house, but Sophie and Mac have become best friends! everytime I think of them I start humming "people let me tell you 'bout my best friend...", because thats what they are like. I think my dad is a little sad about it though, because that used to be the theme song for sophie and dad. Anyway, I know this is a little off-topic, but I am obsessed with my doggies, so here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment