Wednesday, August 18, 2010

blog challenge: day 4 (and 5)

Last night I had totally intended on doing day 4 of the blog challenge, but I completely forgot! I got distracted by my delicious nectarine brown butter buckle, from smitten kitchen. So I'm going to make up for lost time and do day 4 and 5 in one foul swoop.

Day 4: your favourite picture of your best friend.

Ok, my best friend ever is sophie my cute little westie pup. But I'm assuming I should probably go with my human best friend. To be honest, I don't have a ton of pictures of us together, or even just of her.

This picture makes me laugh so hard every time I look at it, and I feel like I should tell the story behind it. A and I (A being on the right, me on the left) used to work at a tourist attraction as our summer job. This job required us to wear a costume to work. This costume was pioneer themed, and included a full-length wool skirt. It soaked up water on rainy days and held in heat on hot ones. It was MISERABLE. one day we went to the museum of vancouver, and when we saw these pioneer costumes to try on, we couldn't resist. so this is our old school pioneer portrait (hence the frowny faces). YOu can even kind of see my favourite Minnetonka boots underneath that ridiculous dress!

We had so much fun that day, and I can't wait until I can go home and see her next week. She just graduated from university (on monday!) and we'll definitely be celebrating!

Its difficult to tell in this picture, but Ally is actually beautiful in real life. there are some professionally taken beach pictures of her to back this up haha.

Day 5: a photo of you from 2 years ago

Oh god. I was so ugly two years ago. I'm so scared to do this.














This picture is AWFUL. BUT look who it is? A is to my right, and on my left is a good friend of ours, L. This would have been taken nearly exactly 2 years ago! As you can probably tell, I was a) growing out my hair, b) not entirely sober, and c) had not coloured my hair in FAR too long. Ok so those are my excuses for how I look in that picture.

happy wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. LOL nice pictures!

    so many bloggers are doing the blog challenge now! i wonder if i should too, but i doubt i will be able to keep at it for 30 days straight =P

    ReplyDelete