Monday, August 16, 2010

an education.

Earlier this summer (or was it last summer? oh my god I'm losing my mind) I went to see an education. It was an absolutely beautiful movie, and best of all it was an awesome cross between chick flick and indie/artsy. I walked out of it with this good feeling inside of me, like a combination between happiness and satisfaction and nostalgia.


The other thing I loved about this movie was the costuming! it was exquisite! The men and the women were both beautifully clothed, and the contrast between Carey Mulligan's role of Jenny and Rosamund Pike's character or Helen was so well done, and I loved the subtle interest of Peter Sarsgaard's David.

This is the perfect example of what I mean. They are dressed in the same colours/prints, but they each look so different from eachother.

Peter Sarsgaard is best described as handsome, and has this look about him that is perfect for the time period and yet perfect for today, too. His style is definitely understated, but it his suits are so perfectly tailored it hurts.




Helen is still my favourite, though.
I want to live in this movie and wear all the clothes, its just to die for.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment