Sunday, August 8, 2010

Things I hate to love.

I have a problem. when I decide I hate something, I really hate it. I tell everyone how awful I think it is, and I really just....hate it. This is a problem because a lot of the time I'll start out absolutely hating something, and turn around and like it 5 minutes later. Case in point: ballet flats. mind you I was young when these came back in, but i remember looking through cosmo girl (or some equally as embarrassing magazine) and thinking gross. Well guess what I am wearing right at this very second? I know.

Ok so this brings me to what I'm about to talk about. CLOGS. when I first saw clogs on the chanel runway, I was all "seriously? Karl, what are you thinking?" followed by "no one is going to buy into this, they'll be in and out in a second", which was then followed by a little tiny "I bet you I'll want them in a couple of months once people start wearing them".

Well guess what? I am dedicating this post to my love of clogs.


As you can see, I'm particularly taken with Jeffrey Campbell and everything he does, but I also love these great green miss selfridge sandal clogs. I also really like the floral ones by Jeffrey Campbell because they are such a cool combo of soft and hard. I'm not totally into these Free People ones with the collared top, but I included them because I liked the idea of wearing those slouchy grey socks with them. I also think the Rachel Comey Clogs via La Garconne are too conservatively styled (if you are going to wear clogs, then wear them, or don't. I don't like these half way between compromise sort of things) but I love the idea of the black tights. Also clearly I like the contrast of wearing a flowy dress or girly print with clogs.

From top left. Jeffrey Campbell charlie natural clog, bondarag.com; ASOS Harness leather clog slingback, asos.com; ; Jeffrey Campbell charlie black clog, bondarag.com; Miss Selfridge green strappy clog, missselfridge.com
From middle left. Free People charli platform clog, freepeople.com; Marc by Marc Jacobs leather slingback clog, net-a-porter.com; Free People solvang clog, freepeople.com;
From bottom left. Jeffrey Campbell floral charlie clog, bonlorisshoes.com; Rachel Comey burns elastic clog, lagarconne.com; Prada studded clog, neimanmarcus.com

photos via polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment